Tuesday, November 4, 2008

3 AM; Sao Paulo, Brazil

Early morning on Nov 5th, I awoke in the middle of the night. Curious to see the voting results back home, I decided to tune into CNNInternational. And there was Barack Obama walking on stage to make his speech.

I will not get political here nor use this forum to spew my political views. I will say this, however. President Elect Obama's speech was nothing short of moving, nothing short of presidential.

It is rare to see a politician, a leader continuously and effectively use the power of the words "we" and "ours." These two simple words are what got him elected. Yes, there was a flawlessly ran campaigned, he understood the moment and needs of the country, and many other factors that contributed to his election. But these two words drove the American people to listen, to follow him.

No comments: